Thursday, February 16, 2017

Year 4, Day 360

Evening. So today's song is Vampire by The Orion Experience.


Family dinner was short one uncle because he ended up having to work late. That’s the life of an auto-body painter… so I’m going to see him and his wife on the weekend since she wouldn’t have made it last night either due to teacher’s convention. It’s funny since I always used to celebrate that the teacher’s convention fell on my birthday, along with family day, because it meant I normally got an extra-long birthday weekend. It never occurred to me that that might be a problem at some point in my life. So, it was the usual suspects plus one uncle, his wife, and his kid. They brought with them an ice cream cake with the Little Mermaid on it (chosen by the child) and we had dinner and played games. I braced myself for it to be worse, but because we were celebrating my birthday I think everyone tried to be a little more cautious of their criticisms. This being the uncle that’s normally on his soapbox preaching about how to improve our lives. Instead the only rude things he said to me was dissing one of my favorite Disney movies and making fun of me for not knowing the names of ancient temples (because apparently knowing temple is required to be a halfways decent adult?). Their kid gave me a picture she drew which was very… abstract… in which she spelled her name wrong. So now I have dubbed her the YMCA because that’s the letters in her name. My uncle hates it, therefore it has to stick. I was also the one who dubbed my sister as Salmon which is what Will constantly uses now. Apparently, nicknames are my gift. Who knew?

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment