Hey. Today's song is If I Didn't Know Better sung by Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio.
There's a new show just starting on tv called Nashville. I wasn't planning on watching it, but I somehow ended up stuck on it while flipping channels. It's pretty batshit crazy and I don't think I'm going to keep watching it, but this song was on right at the end and it was breathtaking. The first time listening to it, I was in awe. I stopped everything and just sat to watch and listen. It has a sound that is so under utilized in today's society because it's so quiet and slow, with all the emphasis on the feeling. Though, because no one sings like this, that makes it so much more mesmerizing listening to it. Seriously, you need to look at this one, it's unbelievable.
Peace.

This isn't particularly "twangy", but it's just about everything a classic country song should be.
ReplyDelete