Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 362

This song was written by a band of rabid raccoons in a boat off the coast of Iceland. Raccoons are not known for their musical talent, really, but it was either that or cannibalize one another. Did I mention they were stranded?




No. All of that is lies. This song is actually by a band called the Zutons, from a couple years ago. It's their most popular one to date and DAMN but it is catchy! I sing this song every time a get a chance. In the shower, in the car, while walking my dog- all the time. The combination of a memorable girl's name and simple chorus can make for some serious brain-crack. I'm looking at you, "Roxanne". Also "Cecilia", "Allison", etc.
Wikipedia tells me that Valerie is a real girl from Florida, and I think that's kind of rad. Even though I'm not usually one for big gestures, it would be nice ot have a cool song written about you and floating around in the world, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment