Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Year 7, Day 228

Good Morning! Today's song is Soul Kitchen by The Doors.

Photo from: vinylmeister

So I'm going to give my opinion on a bit of discord that keeps popping up when I'm just around on the internet, so if you wanna skip that, just end right here. So you guys probably know I used to watch Supernatural, then just stopped when the show got too ridiculous to follow anymore, but I was always still fans of the actors. So the show ended, as far as I've heard it was because Jared had a new show to go to. So everyone went their own ways, Jensen joined a different show, Jared has his show and they were all good. Then they did a Q&A together where Jensen mentioned he was working with the network on some different pilots for tv shows that we'll be excited about. Jared then pops in and basically invites himself to be part of those which I thought was kinda rude, but Jensen played it off and didn't say anything. Then we find out one if the potential pilots is a Supernatural spin-off and Jared wasn't told. Which is bad form on Jensen, I mean he doesn't technically need to tell him, but it's a nice courtesy when you've worked together for 15 years. Then Jared blew all sympathy I had for him out of the water by deciding to act like a pissy 12 year old and send passive aggressive tweets to a bunch of his old Supernatural co-workers about being shut out. And just from how he reacted I can't say I blame them for not including him because it was juvenile. It's to the point now that the creator of the show actually apologized to Jared which I don't think he needed to do after Jared's behavior. Reports say that Jared and Jensen made up, but obviously they talked behind the scenes about it rather than make another public spectacle. The issue of whether the fans want the spin off or not is a moot point (the one fans begged for and got was cancelled so I don't see this one doing any better), it's more about how it's become acceptable to throw tantrums in the public forum and then expect someone to appease you. Did both guys do wrong? Yes. Am I biased based on how I already felt about the actors? Probably, but I used to like them both... now with Jared not so much. You can look up the situation and form your own opinion on it, but this is just kinda how I see it.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment