Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Year 7, Day 194

Morning! Today's song is Bitch by Lennon Stella.

Photo by: Justin Higuchi

Lennon Stella is a Canadian musician and actress whose been active since 2012 when she got a role on the show Nashville with her sister. The two also performed together under the name Lennon & Maisy. The two of them are actually legacy singers too, with both their parents performing together in a duo known as The Stellas. They started posting on YouTube in order to gain recognition to get work visas to be on Nashville, and went viral, leading to Lennon & Maisy performing at a lot of different events through the years. They've released a couple singes and did a Live Sessions album in 2012. Of course they've also released music through the TV show Nashville from 2012 into 2018. Then in 2018 Lennon got signed to a record deal on her own, being featured on a song with Jonas Blue and Liam Payne, and releasing her debut EP the same year. In 2019 she opened for Anne-Marie, worked with the Chainsmokers and Illenium on a song, then opened for The Chainsmokers on their tour. She has a studio album that was released in 2020 so after this song if you're interested go check that out. I have to say, I used to watch Nashville (before it got a little too soap opera ish for me) and loved the siblings on it, but I made zero connection between Lennon on the show and Lennon singing this song until writing this blurb. I'm a little shocked it's the same person, but I'm glad she's getting to expand into the industry past the show. I can't wait for more. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment