Thursday, February 4, 2021

Year 7, Day 83

Good Morning! Today's song is Ain't My Fault by Zara Larsson.

Photo by: Tuomas Vitikainen

Zara Larsson is a Swedish singer who got discovered on their version of Got Talent in 2008, but she didn't officially get on the music scene until 2013 when she released two EP's. Fun Fact: She also has a sister in the music world whose in the band Hanna & Andrea. So far Larrson has released two albums, one in 2014 and another in 2017, with a third set to release in 2021. She's pretty outspoken on social issues, claiming herself a feminist, actively supporting the LGBTQIA community, and singling out other celebrities for their lack of opinions on international political affairs. Notably last year targeting Demi Lovato and but saying it applies to "all the people who think their option to be disengaged in politics is anything but privilege." Considering how interconnected countries are through trade deals, peace agreements, and societal pressure thanks to social media, I have to say I agree with her on that point. I do though also believe that "I don't know enough to have an informed opinion" is an adequate response if you are willing to learn more. Anyway, this song is not meant to be any kind of statement (I don't think) so let's just have a little fun today. 

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment